You came here looking for an energy hit - we're giving you one!
Chop Chop Chicken
What can I use it for ?
- Contains fully-cooked premium chicken breast
- Cage-free, sustainably farmed chickens
- Contains no preservatives
- Low in saturated fat
- High in protein
- A delicious alternative to tuna
Where can I buy Chop Chop Chicken?
- Sandwiches, wraps, panini
- Toasted cheese sandwich
- In a salad or pasta or on home-made pizza (especially the breast chunk flavours)
- On a baked potato
- Check out the recipe ideas on the back of every label or in the recipes section here
Is it safe? How do you keep the chicken from spoiling?
- In either the canned meat or canned fish aisle
- Woolworths/Safeway Supermarkets
- Coles/Bi-Lo Supermarkets
- Franklins Supermarkets
- All supermarkets
Where is it made?
- Chop Chop Chicken is fully cooked, sealed in the can, and then heat sterilized for 112-118°C for at least 60 minutes (dependant on flavor and can size). There are no preservatives used in the process.
- It is a similar process to any other canned food like tuna, canned baked beans, or canned peaches
- Meets all requirements of the Australian Quarantine & Inspection Service (AQIS), Ministry of Agriculture & Fishries (MAF) and Food Standards Australia New Zealand (FSANZ)
Chicken from Thailand?
- We make it in our factory in Thailand. The factory meets all international standards and is regularly inspected by both government and independent auditors.
- Thailand has a very large and advanced food processing industry.
Thailand is one of the largest exporters of chicken meat in the world. We only use export-grade premium chicken meat from large, reputable chicken processers in Thailand. The chicken farms and production facilities adhere to the strictest safety standards and are also regularly inspected and audited.Do you use caged or battery hens?
Are your chickens hormone-free?
- Our chickens are barn raised in large buildings or barns where they have free access to food, water, and sunlight, They are free to roam within the barn. This is very similar to standard industry practice both in Australia and NZ.
There is a strong public perception that growth hormones are widely used in the poultry industry. This, however, is false and hormones have not been used anywhere in the poultry industry for many decades.What about bird flu?
Why is Chop Chop chicken sometimes pink if its is fully cooked?
- Bird flu is carried by wild fowl. Our chickens are barn raised and are, therefore, not able to mix with wild fowl. The flock is tested daily under supervision of the Department of Livestock Development (DLD).
- "The H5N1 virus is sensitive to heat. Normal temperatures used for cooking (70 °C in all parts of the food) will kill the virus… Avian influenza is not transmitted through cooked food. To date, no evidence indicates that anyone has become infected following the consumption of properly cooked poultry or poultry products, even when these foods were contaminated with the H5N1 virus." (World Health Organisation)
The pink colour in safely cooked chicken may be due to the hemoglobin in tissues which can form a heat stable colour. Smoking or grilling may also cause this reactionIs it Halal certified?
Is it kosher certified?
NOIs it gluten free?
Are there any allergen deciarations?
- Our Chop Chop Chicken products are all gluten free (except for the Teriyaki flavour).
- The Teriyaki flavor may contain wheat derivatives in the soy sauce
- The Springwater and Smoked varieties contain thickener (1442) which is a tapioca based modified starch
- The Lite Mayo varieties contain thickener (1422) which is a corn-based modified starch and thickener (415) which is xantham gum.
Chop Chop Chicken is processed on equipment that also processes fish and crustacea. All equipment is thoroughly cleaned between production batches.Who is Davies Foods?
Davies Foods is a privately owned NZ company that has been in business for over 20 years. We produce and supply snacks foods, canned foods, and microwave meals.